Is there really any point in interacting with the comment section on social medias

Its all in the title. i got my first computer (my entire family's actually) when i was around 13 and my frist laptop at 16 and during the last half decade or so, i have spent the majority of my time in the webs on social media platforms, be it youtube or facebook. as my interests grew so did my desire for discussion and that is when i discovered the ''wonderful world'' of the comment secton, it took me this long to figure out that there is no disscussion of any kind to be had down there. it is 1/3 (or in the case of facebook 2/3) people lacking so much meaning in their life they make some sort of nonesensical comment to get likes. (the worst offenders of this are people who actually ask for likes in the comment, and copypasters are also included in this) 1/3 is something completely unrelated to the video/post in question and the final 1/3 (and this is a generous estimate) are people who's comment actually relates to the video and is original, most of them time it is just people getting caught up in a single word or action, they exxagerate it to the high heavens, or they just reitrate something said (this is mostly in youtube) with a one or two word difference.
Don't misunderstand guys i am not saying these people are dumb or they are in the wrong for expressing themselves in form of a comment and they are free to do whatever they want and say whatever they want it is just that this completely sucks out any value i might have found in the comment section of whatever video/post i might have just watched. this is especially the case for youtube, any video with a big viewer count, has a ratio of at least 30 to 1, bad to good comments and i just can't be bothered to search for so long just to find a comment related to the damn subject matter in the video. if i want to have a disscussion or read any kind of interesting viewpoint then it is a MUST to search on an article online or another video.

so again i ask is there any point in interacting with the comment section on social medias? personally i don't believe so. in theory it is there to let people comment their thoughts on the video/post, in practice it is just a pile of mental vomit.(Ie:people just writing the first thing that comes to mind, with zero thought)

PS:This is in MOST cases, i don't mean every comment section out there is like that, just most of them.

RE: Is there really any point in interacting with the comment section on social medias

What comment sections are you reading, m9?

I find some comment sections much better than the articles above them, specially when the article has false data that can be corrected with a 30 minutes research.

Imagine how bad we had in the past, when someone could write whatever on a magazine and it'd take at least a week for the reader to write a letter and refute the article? The letter would have, of course, to be approved by an editor and be fortunate enough that no other letter would be chosen over it.

| The Story of a Facebook Post |

I know Facebook comments are specially bad because the audience that will read it is not necessarily interested / acknowledged in that topic. Think about an article about politics that you shared from a website that is specialized in politics and read only be people who understand (and care about) politics. You'll share the article and then your friend Johnny, who's a stoner whose comprehension of politics hangs on the length of his blunt, won't read 1/5 of the article because he doesn't care and will post a random obvious criticism that was propably addressed in the article itself. Then all your friends will come to like his post because much like Johnny, they neither understand what is being talking about, nor care; all they know is that Johnny is cool, and he probably read the article before posting a comment.

Then your friend Gary will see that the article got popular and use it as a means to promote his page.

Then your friend Oliver will get mad at all the nonsense and will post a very controversial remark correcting everyone. A week later, Oliver's boss barattes him for scolding people on the internet and giving the brand a bad rep. Oliver'll delete his comments. Ignorance prevails.
JUST DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND CHECK OUT Glitch!
It is funny, has colourful tables (the wonders of technology!) and art!
https://i.imgur.com/Das02fT.png

RE: Is there really any point in interacting with the comment section on social medias

'QueenDasha' pid='830786' dateline='1512579195' Wrote: Facebook, tweeter, YouTube and so on. It's a waste of time honestly.
If I want to debate or talk, share or anything I'd just do it with my friends on Skype or something.

Depends. I own a politic/religion fanpage with ~700 followers. It's hard to reach that many people with skype.
My Fiction
Re:volutionist (Abandoned, replaced with RD)
Ragnarok Delayed

Social Media is great to reach the masses, as the owner on an account. The comments, in many cases, are a great way for users to interact with that owner, should their followers be too numerous to keep up with.

But to hold a stable discourse? I just don't think the concept of a "comments section" is designed with that purpose in mind. Enter: Forums, such as this one! Or, in addition to Skype/Hangout conversations with acquaintances, many communities have Discord (and the like) channels as well.

Social Media is, in my mind, more a platform for someone to shout from the top of their own personal mountain and reach the ears of anyone who cares enough to pay attention. Meaningful conversation is then best handled by platforms with discourse in mind.

That's my two cents, anyway.
https://i.imgur.com/JBLglrm.jpg

I think social media exists for people to engage in social interactions. Meaningful exchange of information has little to do with that. It's about feelings and reactions.

For meaningful exchange of information about a topic is better to use a specialized platform where those engaged in the topic meet.
Be it forums, niche communities in social media sites, or even the comment section of a chapter.
https://www.royalroadcdn.com/reyadawnbri...TcjPAk.jpg
Twilight Over Arcania - My take on the resurrection theme