Advertisement

Choose Your Background

• Noah Bradley: A place to call Home

• Noah Bradley: Their Mournful Tones

What types of genres are acceptable for RRL?

Question 
What types of less common genres might be considered acceptable for Royal Road?

I want provide stories that are fresh ideas or new takes on genres but don't want to write something like a realitic Noir mystery that's so far from what people want to read that it misses the mark completely and only gets 5 views. 

So far I've seen:
LitRPG
Portal Fantasy
Summoned Hero
Cyberpunk
Reincarnation
High Fantasy and some others

Any suggestions, or thoughts on something different that you'd like to read, are appreciated.
TheResonantWordsmith
Check out my first web novel- The Rider with the Golden Torc
https://royalroadl.com/fiction/14970/the...olden-torc 
You can write anything you want, and anyone can do the same, as long as its not someone else's copyrighted work or IP that you are benefiting off of.
Anything goes, as long as it gets accepted by the smods...
Dungeons, betrayal, a summoned hero, and the beginning of a magical revolution. Welcome to Era.
The exception is fanfiction, but make sure you label your story accordingly.

And you do not get donations for fanfiction.
There's readers for all the genres here but some do better than others. For example, if your story is Romance then you're better off on Wattpad. The amount of regular readers you'll get on that site for romance stories would dwarf anything you're get on RRL. Good luck!
If your story is interesting enough, you will attract readers one way or another.
well, what I have learned so far is (probably) that having at least one engaging character from the start that readers can follow in your story, as well as quickly identifying what type your story will be, definitely helps. On the other hand, going through different characters in rapid succession as well as changing the type of story, pisses readers off.
No longer a flash Story - A Maiden and a Dragon (tho chapter one was one)

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your input :)
TheResonantWordsmith
Check out my first web novel- The Rider with the Golden Torc
https://royalroadl.com/fiction/14970/the...olden-torc