Advertisement

Choose Your Background

• Noah Bradley: A place to call Home

• Noah Bradley: Their Mournful Tones

Left and right arrow keys, to change chapters?

A suggestion that I have is the function that lets the reader switch to the Next or Previous chapter by pressing the Left or Right arrow key. I think that it's a good idea, because there are surely more readers like me who scroll with the Up and Down arrows, so this would make it slightly easier to proceed to the next chapter, without having to move the mouse. 

It's definitely not a big deal in any way, but it would be especially useful when you have to move forward by several chapters. Currently, you need to go "Next chapter" and then scroll down a lot until you can click "Next chapter" again, etc. Alternatively, you have to go back to the Table of Content, which takes several clicks and some scrolling as well. Assigning these functions to the arrow keys would make it easier!
Could also put the "Previous Chapter, Fiction Index, Next Chapter" banner at the top of the page as well as where it is on the bottom, as an easier addition if there are any coding issues regarding implementing the arrow function. Just a thought. I'm all about making things easier for the end user, but I don't know how the site is set up.
[Image: F0b9HFU.jpg]
(28-12-17, 05:58 PM)arashifufu Wrote: A suggestion that I have is the function that lets the reader switch to the Next or Previous chapter by pressing the Left or Right arrow key. I think that it's a good idea, because there are surely more readers like me who scroll with the Up and Down arrows, so this would make it slightly easier to proceed to the next chapter, without having to move the mouse.

Except when you're trying to post a comment and frequently use the arrow keys to fix a typo here and there Tongue