Feeler Request on Star Trek series?

So lately I was thinking it would be super fun to do a Star Trek series here or on Amazon kindle. 

I think that Star Trek series' can still be done IF they ARE NOT just like all the others. The problem with all the series' so far is that they all do everything all the same every time. It's always an 'Enterprise' ship. Or they do something stupid like mess something up (like trying to reskin klingons to look uglier than they were before; didn't even know that was possible).

I wanted to check and probe for reader interest on this. Thanks for any comments and suggestions. 

Here are a couple of examples of things that haven't ever been done that I've thought of.

Enemy POV such as either a Klingon ship or a Romulan ship...

Frenemy POV

Plagues on several worlds

A colony POV, such as a settlement with ranking officers trying to establish the settlement and problems with natives and space frenemies, possibly in conjunction with the colony being right on a border with another space going civilization, etc. 

Other massive problems...

There are a couple more I can think of but want to keep to myself so someone doesn't take the idea for themselves :0) And also so I can mess with people's heads on uber plot twists. 

I'd really like to hear peoples' input on this and interest. I AM sure that if I can get interest then I can do things that other series' haven't ever done before. What I don't have though is good knowledge of how to market this and where? I want to build a name as a writer but its hard to sell myself.

Also it's hard to understand the legal specifics of writing a story that is based in other authors' worlds. It seems like maybe dozens of people have written Star Trek like novels. But what I don't understand is how and when it's legal to do so and when it is not? What if I put a series like so up for sale on kindle for $1? Am I still legal? 

Thanks

RE: Feeler Request on Star Trek series?

the POV will need to be more detailed... give a better idea, you are all over the place here
The colony one is not that good, if you are going to do Star Trek you need space travel
Other ships? other races? maybe even not a military vessel?

You can write fanfic about Star Trek... but don't think you can sell it on "amazon", they have Kindle Worlds that allows some fanfiction to be published but don't think it includes Star Trek, that is mostly for amazon but there is probably other places that allow it, you will probably need to go and put support ticket and ask around.

I wonder though?

Why are there so many Star Trek writers already? They aren't all done by the same author.

This is so confusing.

Star Trek would definitely be fun.

If its free do you still need permission to?