Ideal update schedule?

I'm new to the idea of web novels, so would love if some people out there could drop me some wisdom.

I have about 50k words on the back burner. It could be anywhere from 15 to 20 chapters, so I'm wondering if its better to start publishing with the expected schedule of a bi weekly situation from the get go and have the 50k words as a buffer (in case I get writer's block etc) or would it better to do a 2 week daily dump to remain in the recently updated panel, before slowing down to the 2 per week schedule I mentioned before?

Right now I'm most concerned about exposure; to get an idea if I'm even at the level where the average reader would come back for more. Or am I overthinking this whole thing and should just stick to some low key forum promo and hope for the best?

RE: Ideal update schedule?

'Celascion' pid='831504' dateline='1514898272' Wrote: I'm new to the idea of web novels, so would love if some people out there could drop me some wisdom.

I have about 50k words on the back burner. It could be anywhere from 15 to 20 chapters, so I'm wondering if its better to start publishing with the expected schedule of a bi weekly situation from the get go and have the 50k words as a buffer (in case I get writer's block etc) or would it better to do a 2 week daily dump to remain in the recently updated panel, before slowing down to the 2 per week schedule I mentioned before?

Right now I'm most concerned about exposure; to get an idea if I'm even at the level where the average reader would come back for more. Or am I overthinking this whole thing and should just stick to some low key forum promo and hope for the best?

I've thought about this as well. I'm just starting and have a much smaller buffer, but my plan is to release them once or twice a week and keep writing to maintain my buffer. The reason is that I know life happens and I can expect to have weeks where I can't produce content. Rather than disappoint my readers I would rather have something in case. However, if you are 15 to 20 chapters of material ahead perhaps just split the difference and release 10 chapters all at once and release the remaining on a schedule. This will draw people in as there is enough to read without finishing too quickly, but leave you enough of a buffer in case.

Base on experience, it is never a good idea to published multiple chapters in one go. The idea is to keep your title on the front page as long as you can. On average, it will last anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour in the front page until other stories bury it. In peak hours, your story can only stay in the front for 5-20 minutes.

The way I see it, your best bet is to published 1 chapter a day for the next 7-10 days and then gradually change to MWF, or biweekly or weekly. This will give you the maximum effect of exposure and at the same time give you some time to continue writing your story. 

Now keep in mind that this will only give your story the best marketing possible. If the readers don't like your story then they don't like your story. At least this way, it will give them a chance to digest and think about your story.

So good luck and keep writing!
Check my fictions
"Invincible"
"Gamer of the Dead"
And the newest  "Slam No Basuke"

Thank you both for your replies!

I was definitely thinking along the lines of maximum exposure; while I can improve upon my writing, exposure is something I am nearly clueless about and I don't want to give myself the potential excuse of my work not being "good enough" because "my exposure was bad". Being rather confident of my own style of writing and development, I want to give this whole online publishing thing a good go and see for myself if it is truly mediocre writing that is holding me back or whatever other problems I have.

Naturally I do intend to still write once I settle into the groove and for now, my plan is to finish up the first "arc" of the plot and refine the bits before even putting out for the masses. Hopefully, I could gain a simple following just from the first 10 chapters, and let the bi-weekly publishing be something readers can viably keep up with without losing track of the plot.