Crazy & genius scientist/researcher MC?

So I'm looking for a novel with an extremely smart MC with IQ off the charts but crazy also. To give an example I would like it to be similar to Andur's MC's, or the MC from 'How to tame your princess' where the main is a schizophrenic.

The gender and age doesn't matter nor does the era where the story takes place. Though I would prefer modern settings, fantasy setting is also alright, as long the MC is a 'mad scientist' type. (Physicist in modern, magic researcher in fantasy for example)

Doesn't have to be action, but comedy is a must, and drama is a plus.

And again, when I say crazy, I don't mean it like many authors use it: Use the craziness as an excuse to make morally depraved MC who loves blood and gore.

I'd like the MC to be a decent human being who is just a bit of a lunatic.

I doubt there is any stories that fit those criteria here in RRL, or at-least I haven't found yet and believe me, I have looked, but it's worth a shot to ask.

RE: Crazy & genius scientist/researcher MC?

If you don't mind me recommending my own fic that I just started, then I'd suggest you check out A Novel World https://royalroadl.com/fiction/16268/a-novel-world 

Main character is an interning physicist who got into science with the goal of building all of those mad science inventions we all know and love. It's a slow start, as the system is pretty determined to screw her over, but that just means she won't have to worry about collateral damage so much later once she comes into her own.

While there isn't much posted yet, I have a four page outline of the overall plot, so I know where I'm going and how to get there. and plan on doing so in a reasonable time frame.

RE: Crazy & genius scientist/researcher MC?

'solopath' pid='832276' dateline='1517255275' Wrote: If you don't mind me recommending my own fic that I just started, then I'd suggest you check out A Novel World https://royalroadl.com/fiction/16268/a-novel-world 

Main character is an interning physicist who got into science with the goal of building all of those mad science inventions we all know and love. It's a slow start, as the system is pretty determined to screw her over, but that just means she won't have to worry about collateral damage so much later once she comes into her own.

While there isn't much posted yet, I have a four page outline of the overall plot, so I know where I'm going and how to get there. and plan on doing so in a reasonable time frame.

Okay, I'll be sure to check it out

Re: Crazy & genius scientist/researcher MC?

If you don't mind, why not read my fic? 
It's still new, with still very little in the Magic Engineering areas with you specified, but it's part of the MC's biography. In regards to the craziness, she likes to either to corner her enemies completely, or outright kill them. But, despite her muderous tendecies, she still strives to live a normal life and find love while working towards her goal of recreating Advanced Ancient Technology and ultimately surpass the grand Ancient Civillization.

I'm not exactly sure, if you would enjoy it as it is now, (since the MC is still young, and until now, I've only mentioned the Magic Engineering in passing). Still, I hope you'll read it, since the improvement and utilization of Machinery will play a big part  once the fourth/ fifth arc comes. (We're still at third, right now.)

Anyway, thanks for reading this, and I hope you'll check it out.

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/ouroboros-record-circus-of-oubeniel/ 

Ouroboros Record ~Circus of Oubeniel~

Try these MC is crazy with trust issues so he do brain surgeries to all his slaves so they wont betray him but still put some failsafe Just in case together with his maid with unhealthy obsession of him .. Reincarnated MC but dont want to die again and experience it so he pursues alchemy to be immortal 

Not exactly what you said, and is only on Amazon, but I think you would enjoy the ell donsaii and proton field series by Laurence danvers. They feature a extremely intelligent female main character who creates a bunch of revolutionary new tech like cheap instant communication and the stories go over the implementation and ramifaxations of the technology. Very well written and has some romance/drama thrown in as well. Recommend it for anyone who likes books about new science/inventions.