RE: Looking for Recommendations that has the mc becoming his/her game character

There are two big types of 'become the game character', either the person becomes his long term, totally op game character, usually in a world similar to the video game but with everyone being weak (and all NPCs), or they design a character for a video game, and are transported to a world with the build they chose, but still at level one. I am a huge fan of the first type, so those are the ones that I know about. They are pretty rare, but I know a few.
(You probably already know this one, as it is the quintessential and best of these books, but for the sake of completeness) Overlord
Pandemonium from this site, dropped.
The last guild(or some such) from 'the earths core', a site with both original and translated stories, you might have to hunt for it.
Re:Write from this site, kind of
Polymath redux from this site
A few japanese ones that are terrible because of their useless typical japanese protaganists, they can be found on novel updates, I don't remember their names because they disappointed me so badly
There are probably others, but I can't think of them off the top of my head, so they probably aren't that good.

'wrightl' pid='832629' dateline='1518362828' Wrote: There are two big types of 'become the game character', either the person becomes his long term, totally op game character, usually in a world similar to the video game but with everyone being weak (and all NPCs), or they design a character for a video game, and are transported to a world with the build they chose, but still at level one. I am a huge fan of the first type, so those are the ones that I know about. They are pretty rare, but I know a few.
(You probably already know this one, as it is the quintessential and best of these books, but for the sake of completeness) Overlord
Pandemonium from this site, dropped.
The last guild(or some such) from 'the earths core', a site with both original and translated stories, you might have to hunt for it.
Re:Write from this site, kind of
Polymath redux from this site
A few japanese ones that are terrible because of their useless typical japanese protaganists, they can be found on novel updates, I don't remember their names because they disappointed me so badly
There are probably others, but I can't think of them off the top of my head, so they probably aren't that good.

thanks I'll check them out!!

https://sekaigamethetranslation.wordpress.com/volume-1/prologue/part-1/

Pretty sure it's Japanese? But the MC isn't OP or useless; it's a comedy, with much of the humor derived from how buggy the game he's been transported into is. He knows a lot of glitches, but the game is super unforgiving, so it balances out very well. It's kinda different in that the game was originally single-player, so it's just him and a bunch of (now living) NPC's.

The translation is high-quality. Updates are slow, but they do happen. It's different and fun, check it out!
Overgrowth - A dungeon-ish LitRPG starting with a shipwreck on a tropical island. Not isekai.

'Not_A_Hat' pid='832992' dateline='1519268860' Wrote: https://sekaigamethetranslation.wordpress.com/volume-1/prologue/part-1/

Pretty sure it's Japanese? But the MC isn't OP or useless; it's a comedy, with much of the humor derived from how buggy the game he's been transported into is. He knows a lot of glitches, but the game is super unforgiving, so it balances out very well. It's kinda different in that the game was originally single-player, so it's just him and a bunch of (now living) NPC's.

The translation is high-quality. Updates are slow, but they do happen. It's different and fun, check it out!

sounds interesting I'll check it out

'Valquist' pid='832991' dateline='1519265528' Wrote: I really enjoyed 'The Black Titan' but the author hasn't posted in a while. You can find it on RRL. I think the author of that one piece fic you mentioned has another book called 'Dexter's Adventure Through the Elemental Nations'

thanks, I'll check them out

Overlord is a great example of this. novel/anime/manga pick your media :D the novel is on skyinthewood i believe

about actual permantly becoming their game character i think this one counts

https://royalroadl.com/fiction/6133/wizard-with-the-flower-blades

it stopped being updated on royalroad, but it continues on the authors own site.

'Barracudaz' pid='833005' dateline='1519300725' Wrote: Overlord is a great example of this. novel/anime/manga pick your media :D the novel is on skyinthewood i believe

about actual permantly becoming their game character i think this one counts

https://royalroadl.com/fiction/6133/wizard-with-the-flower-blades

it stopped being updated on royalroad, but it continues on the authors own site.

thanks it looks good I'll check it out