Amazon, exclusivity period, and deleted chapters

Like so many other writers, I'm planning on publishing my fiction on Amazon once it's finished -- and enroll it in  Kindle Unlimited (KU), Amazon's exclusivity program, to get a shot at a higher income through ebook borrows. 

As I think everybody knows here (but just in case), being on KU means that I will have to take down most of the text from RRL, since the work can't be published outside of Amazon for the duration of the exclusivity period.

This period lasts only three months, which the writer can renew as they see fit, so I was thinking of letting the period end after one or two iterations, after which I would be free to restore the fiction in its integrity for the benefit of RRL readers. I think it's only fair. 

Now, my question is technical: how would I go about this? I never deleted a chapter before but I see that there is a "Hide deleted chapters" button in my dashboard. Does it mean that "deleted" chapters are not really erased so I could delete a chapter and then "undelete" it, effectively restoring my fiction? 

I would play with it but I don't want to mess with my dashboard too much. ;)

RE: Amazon, exclusivity period, and deleted chapters

Deleted chapters are stored and kept in our database, but made invisible to the public. You may delete and restore chapters at any point, and restored chapters retain their original place in the table of contents. Do note that it is inadvisable to remove the entirety of your work, as that may prompt it being removed from RRL entirely (see below).

Deleting a fiction works in the same way, but this time they are made invisible to anyone that isn't a super-moderator (ie. myself) or admin. Yes, that means you can't see your deleted fictions.

As for Amazon/Kindle exclusivity, we are currently aware that they allow a preview of the same size that is previewed on the Amazon's page (I recall that being 10%). In order to provide a better experience for our readers, we are enforcing that any work that has been started on RRL and then moved to Amazon must retain that preview on RRL, even during the exclusivity period. If that has changed recently, govern your actions based on the updated policies. RRL does not take credit or ownership of any of your work.

RE: Amazon, exclusivity period, and deleted chapters

Yes, that's what I was thinking about doing: keeping a portion of the work available here. When the time comes, I'll check the percentage and act accordingly so that I can comply with both Amazon guidelines and RRL's rules. I also intend to restore the whole fiction once the exclusivity period has passed, thus the question. ;)

Thanks for your thorough response!