RE: GameLit

RPG Gamelit by itself is a redundant term. You know that RPG stands for role-playing games.

The initial term that the Russian (or whoever) called it was proper for me. 
I don't see why there need to be drama out of it. Because it's Russian and not American i.e English? 

RPG is a subset of game. Chunking it up to Gamelit and then to SFF (sci fi fiction?) is not necessary for me.

And chunking down make it the more confusing.

Bcoz we tried to fit into the narratives or maybe tags. Either call it a Gamelit or LitRPG.

It's like the fantasy genre. Some smartasses created many subgenres; high fantasy, low fantasy, mid fantasy, modern fantasy, medieval fantasy, etc. And the writers/readers end up being confused by it.
What is life without a dream. And are dreams without actions. And what are actions without context.

Legendary Twilight Farmer
Heroic Chronicles (Currently on Hiatus)

https://www.nodiatis.com/pub/21.jpg

'acederequiza' pid='833408' dateline='1520585480' Wrote: I don't see why there need to be drama out of it. Because it's Russian and not American i.e English?
No, the drama comes from someone trying to get the property of the term. But if I understand the issue as explained to me (I'm not a lawyer, much less one specialized in intellectual property and trademarks), refraining to use the term "LitRPG" would not be the best course of action; much to the contrary, we should be using it all the time, to stress that this person holds no special link to it.

'ChipMunster' pid='833494' dateline='1520800610' Wrote:
'acederequiza' pid='833408' dateline='1520585480' Wrote: I don't see why there need to be drama out of it. Because it's Russian and not American i.e English?
No, the drama comes from someone trying to get the property of the term. But if I understand the issue as explained to me (I'm not a lawyer, much less one specialized in intellectual property and trademarks), refraining to use the term "LitRPG" would not be the best course of action; much to the contrary, we should be using it all the time, to stress that this person holds no special link to it.

Ahh I see. That's explains why. And you are right. We should use more often then. But honestly, I could only use what I know and what is available to me. So far, RRL has  only LitRPG right?
What is life without a dream. And are dreams without actions. And what are actions without context.

Legendary Twilight Farmer
Heroic Chronicles (Currently on Hiatus)

https://www.nodiatis.com/pub/21.jpg

'ChipMunster' pid='833507' dateline='1520807003' Wrote: Adding a GameLit tag would be a good idea, in my opinion.

We don't have plans to add new tags for the foreseeable future, and if so, a better alternative would probably be to just rename our LitRPG tag with GameLit, but the staff have already discussed and rejected that idea when it came up the first time.