I like:
the world
the setting
the characters

I dislike:
the pace
the uselessness of the MC
the self-consciousness of every character

I like SD quite a lot and am looking for something in that direction.
I like how the world is described, all of the characters feel great.
I love that he is an "summoned" and can add some technological spin to the world.
I like that the MC is not a complete douche and has some diplomatic talent.
---that he is not just an battle maniac but also goes into different fields of expertise.

My biggest problem with SD is that a lot of chapters feel like fillers. They tell about some nice stuff but nothing really important. Generally I have the feeling that you can cut out 50% of the Text without affecting the Story negatively.
And that it takes awfully long for the MC to learn something. Like: "ohh I have got the gift of the water!" in chapter 100 , then in chapter 300 : "fucking water, canĀ“t do anything with it, except breath underwater...sometimes".
I knew that it takes time to train, but this is just too long for me.
And that really every character thinks he is shit.

Only Novels which are complete or have a lot of chapters, please.

RE: Something like Savage Divinity?

'Tanaka Tomoyuki' pid='833461' dateline='1520754839' Wrote: Sorry for wasting your time and writing worse versions of xianxia stories and Savage Divinity.

Ugh, this is why im not a writer, my words make people feel like they have guns unintentionally aimed at them. Im talking about novels written here in a critical observation(ive just been burned too much and i dont get too much time to read). Don't be apologetic towards critics haha, if people enjoy and want what you write then then blast all the critics to hell and keep writing(or rewriting) until they change their minds. Don't be sorry if you wasted someone's time, take it as if you caught their interest and managed to entertain them even with one chapter. Now I feel guilty and since i don't have novels to read atm, ill go ahead and eat some of yours(though to be fair, i am part of the kind of target audience you're aiming for so yeah). And to avoid being off topic, to OP i would recommend The Grandmaster Strategist(on wuxiaworld) and Dragon's Soul(here on rrl, feel free to drop if it feels hollow)

Edit: What i mean to say is that even if i criticize how badly something written is, it wont take away the fact that it can be enjoyed by people. Its like junk food, its bad but it tastes good so i eat them.

Well, your OP was a bit vague, so I'm going to just assume you haven't read many reincarnation masterpieces and list those. They mostly have the technological spin and the summon element that you mentioned. Tell me if this is very different from SD in your opinion though...

The closest thing I can think of is Tales of a reincarnated lord:

• MC was reincarnated as a uni student in another world

• He brings his tech spin on things

• He is a chinese style cultivator who fights personally a lot

• The world has complex politics and the MC is talented at diplomacy games

It does not, however have the same detailed daily life, or the animals. The MC is not a wimp or useless at all, too much the opposite direction. Unfortunately, he is somewhat douchy. There are also some rather offensive (at least to me) chauvinist things in there that almost made me drop it... but I swallowed my disgust and enjoyed the rest of the story.

Release that witch could also be mentioned. The MC is not a cultivator in this one, at least not until much later. He is, however, a politician and brings tech from our world to a magical world. Really great worldbuilding and lots of mystery factions and a demon race. The witches' personalities might also be compared with SD's heroines.

Ascendence of a Bookworm is completely different from the two mentioned above. The MC is a girl and is very much useless and weak for much of the story, with the same kind of hints of OPness beneath the surface as SD here and there. She definitely brings new technologies, but in different ways than most other reincarnation novels, such as production of paper, textiles and food products. Lots of chapters... in JP, unfortunately only 70 in English so far. It's very slow to develop (magic only gets into the swing of things around chapter 200ish)

'CashireCat' pid='834011' dateline='1522791387' Wrote: ...So there is really nothing like Savage divinity? q_q

It is faster if you consider what that work does DIFFERENT from the others:

-No eternal growth in power with no limit
-No OP protagonist (kinda..... he is just weird... )
-No dantian/cultivation/10000 stages/heaven shattering omega blah blah BULL

It is basically a self-conscious take on xianxia&co, whereas 99% of them are self-insertion power-fantasies driven masturbation.

So, I highly doubt it.

The only one that gives me a similar feeling is "wandering Inn", but it is a different kind of work at a core level. Not Xianxia. AT ALL.