Friendly Neighborhood Necromancer-The Thread

Salutations and Celebrations, at long last Chapter 20 of Friendly Neighborhood Necromancer has been released! That's over 45,000 words, enough so that I am not ashamed to finally shill my work!
Here it is! But what, pray tell is this incredible work?

Except now its way higher, at Chapter 50! At least 2,000 words a chapter! That's sooooo many words!

Friendly Neighborhood Necromancer 
[Rated 16+ for violence and swearing and lewd intimations(Ss.70)! This will climb with time, but for the most part it's only found in sidestories at the moment! So you can read most of the normal chapters just fine!]

Genre-Adventure eternal! Set in a high fantasy world, the main theme is of the protagonist seeking things that pique his interest, researching magical phenomena, and helping others along the way. Due to the vast world and his far reaching travels, eventually many genres will be touched upon, but the crux of it all is adventure!

Synopsis-Who has not dreamt of being transported to another world? Our savvy MC certainly has, and he is in luck! Transported from the VR game, Underworld of Armok, he finds himself in a foreign land. Excited, he sets out to enjoy the world, yet finds himself beset by trouble on numerous occasions. This does not dampen his attitude, as heroes always undergo great trials. Unfortunately, his class is that of a Necromancer, and his strongest abilities would be viewed as dark magic. Watch as he grows in power, experiences a new life, and finds a place in the world!

Chapters are released on Wednesdays at minimum, and recently have been able to be put out daily! A steady march towards the future!

If you haven't been reading everything in an excited voice, you're doing it wrong! That's why there are so many exclamation points! The story doesn't have this many! Now I don't want to stop!

I am active in the comments below the chapters!

I would be active in this thread if anyone else was!

FNN-The Thread

Well what's the point of this thread? I'm glad you asked, person who is so interested they read through the whole post! As you might expect, there are a lot of things going on in my story, and it can be hard to keep track of it all. There are also many things that I mean to have implied, that aren't supposed to be twists, but I did not describe in enough detail. I apologize, and will rectify that here. 

I will also answer non-spoilery questions, and answer about many things related to Planaria(I am aware, but the guy who came up with the name was a historian, not a marine biologist), as well as more meta-questions. 

This is it! Read it now!
I put words on the Internet for you to read.
Friendly Neighborhood Necromancer: http://royalroadl.com/fiction/6523
FNN The Thread! Contains some helpful notes! Does not contain any discussions as of yet.
Ooh! Ooh! There's a TV Tropes page! Go help it out!
Member of the Singular Genius group

RE: Friendly Neighborhood Necromancer-The Thread

Character Listing-"Who was that again?"

There are many characters in Friendly Neighborhood Necromancer. Many, many characters. Some hang out with Alric for a long time and you get to know them well; some appear, disappear, and then reappear a long time later, leaving you confused as to just who that was. Not to mention the different naming schemas of other cultures—This guide should help remind you of who's who.

(I got you, Hickups!)

BEWARE! The character listing is UP TO DATE(eventually). If only characters from the first chapter were included, that would be rather useless.

The MC/Alric(Physically around 17): Our main character! You...you didn't forget who he was, right?
(Um)Hans: The first Hand Spider
(Um)Franz: Hand Spider 
(Um)Nails: Hand Spider-likes to fight, is tough as nails.
(Um)Cookie Thief/CT: Hand Spider-tries to grab on to more than he should.
(Um)Birdy: Hand Spider-Cautious, usually paired with CT. He makes sure they only grab one cookie, instead of letting two get away.
(Um)Manny: Hand Spider-Hardworking and honest, at least to the extent a hand spider can be.
(Uz)Zog:Zombie-A bit slow on the uptake, but somewhat reliable.
(Um)Rosie: Hand Spider-A companion for Zog.
(Us)Clavi-A cute little skeleton who is slightly mischievous. 
Pan(~37)-Defacto leader of the village. Of average build with light brown hair.
Lier(~37)-Pan's wife, deceased.
Rian(~16)-Pan's talented son, left for a job at 14, never returned.
Ria(~18)-Pan's daughter, suffering from an unidentified affliction. Stubborn, self reliant.
Rion(~11)-Pan's son. Leads the kids around the village and is a bit of a hooligan.
Tagalong Girl/Imira(~10)-Young girl, who acts creepily manipulative from time to time. Somewhat stoic in demeanor.
Ross(~28)-A woodcutter of the village. Troy's brother, engaged to Hannah.
Troy(~26)-A woodcutter of the village. Ross' more boisterous brother.
Corsair(~19)-Grumpy late-teen who goes to Glaucen to get stuff.
Ralph(~40)-Middle aged fisherman missing his pinky. Tells a lot of stories about his OGP(Old GrandPappy). Surprisingly knowledgeable about the world outside the village as a result.
Hannah(~26)-Engaged to Ross
Simon(~24)-Hannah's brother
Ronnie(~7)-Likes watching Alric use magic. Simon's son
Erwin(~50+)-Old dude with a cane, but he'll smack a whippersnapper that keeps him from fishing. Hannah's father.
Melissa-Superstitious, and heavily religious young woman. 
(EX)Gunner-Ex village chief
(EX)Arthur, Mark, Philip- Villagers who left after Gunner's folly
Khtraal/Longhand-The demanding Chief of Oirk.
Iyrkraal/Weaponhand-The unseen away chief who uses taboo spawning methods. Is allied with Khtraal.
???/Vamp/Gorbwrae/Spawnless-First goblin Alric speaks with. Has long black claws and a huge number of teeth, with pale skin. Resembles a ghoul. Spawned by Iyrkraal.
Ychk/Flat-Goblin with human appearance, proxy for Iyrkraal in Oirk.
Uhkhjk/Gutbreath-Hates raal, Khtraal in particular. Chief of Yhrack.
Ghojtroik/Shechief-'Spawn purist', chief
Zhargorb/Bloodbirther-'spawn purist', chief
tKlor't't/Manyretch-Clever, large, goblin chief, who eats and spawns a great deal. Most people don't trust him for good reason.
Khthju/Longhair-Red haired goblin spawned by tKlor't't
Castor(~36)-The lovable, slightly rounded merchant with a big heart. Travels between Medean and Glaucen on a three week schedule.
???/Ruffles(???)-A highly intelligent horse that pulls Castor's wagon.
Christopher Michaels/Dracule(~27)-The swordsman in black who is unable to speak Derrish.
Therese(~25)-A Reiaest, or wind, wizard, originating from Medean. A disciple to Joanne.
Yalla(~14)-A free-spirited young girl with a talent for magic, captured by The Church. Learned some magic under Joanne.

Marten Omaiha: A would be inventor who gets a bit over the top, despite his somewhat lacking self confidence. Crazy blue hair.

Martin Varris: A bit snarky. From Hadri.

Martin Woodrow: BOOOMBASTIC! From Russos.

Marton Primus-Tayro KeDolas: Tall dark and handsome with angular features. The only one of the Marts currently on the first floor of Lockheed Academy. He's a knife guy.

Vanessa: Marten's twu wuv.

Karen TeYuvoin:

Unona: Salacious owner of the Poet's Ruin. Silky black hair, and at-trac-tive.

Hannah:

'Little Miss': An actual Little Miss, not Gongsun Cha.

Fennin:

Myra(Pronounced like mirror, except mirrah):

PLACES
Derriad
14th Chapter
Felmen
Glaucen- Produces much of the oil needed in subdivision, making lighting much more convenient.
Salt Village-Where Alric first settles down.
Medean-The logging town of the Felmen region. It takes Castor three weeks to travel from Medean to Glaucen.

Kallahall-A country to the east of Derriad and about twice its size. On good terms with Derriad.
Mensk-A country to the north of Derriad, approximately the same size. Not on good terms with Derriad, in fact the two currently fight skirmishes. However the situation has not devolved into one of war in many years.
Braan-A country to the south-east of Derriad, past a tall mountain range. Home of magicians and travelers, it is much older than the surrounding countries. They are not on exceptionally good terms with their neighbors, but its citizens are much more free-spirited.

Russos-A country in the Western Array
Hadri-A country in the Western Array

General Information
Time-Days are 21 hours long. Approximate times for Salt Village in theb fall
0:00-6:30-Nighttime
6:30-7:00-Dawn, when Salt Village starts to wake up
7:00-17:00-Daytime
17:00-17:30-Dusk, 17:-19: is generally considered the evening. 
17:30-0:00(21:00)-Nighttime, Most people head to sleep by 20:

Weeks consist of 8 days. A not of caution, the Main Character occasionally flips between whether he means a 7 day week or 8 day week. Sometimes he is intentionally vague. Sidestories will use definitions as according to the New World(in most instances)
FNN The Thread! Contains some helpful notes! Does not contain any discussions as of yet.

Linguistics
I/PA-(Infinitis/Planaria Alphabet)
I am not the greatest at reading the IPA(International Phonetic Alphabet), so I'll be throwing down some sounds as they come up. Not all of them are perfectly replicable by human facial structures.
oh snap, it looks like the forum doesn't recognize some of these symbols....

¬-Put your tongue close to the roof of your mouth. Make a breathy whistling sound, it can be approximated by a soft h sound with a long ee sound.
- Breath out of your nose, except try making it a long vowel sound like ee or oo. This should have followed Kugu's name, however I hadn't gotten to the point where I needed to develop my own IPA at the time. I'll refrain from changing his name to Kugu¶ for now.
ß- breath in through your nose, trying to make a short ih sound. Goblins use it, but it doesn't actually come up.

Derrish Numerics
(Prn.)-'Better' pronunciation, due to the occasional different phoneme. Haven't gotten IPA down pat yet. Generally vowels are enunciated more...harshly, I guess?
0-Ooul, nothing; Soul Conjugation, oouei
1-ro,air; Soul Conjugation, rei
2-di,earth; Soul Conjugation, eid
3-sha,darkness; Soul Conjugation, eish
4-kea,fire; Soul Conjugation, kei
5-est,water; Soul Conjugation, stei
6-kyeh,light; Soul Conjugation, keiy
7-tolef
8-viit
(Prn. fviit, rhymes with feet)
9-zaem
(Prn. tzaem, rhymes with aim?)
10-ian

@ Sennou
Ack! That was almost a mistake! Very good eye, Alric does refer to reiaest as water magic. However looking over it again, it seems that I never got too confused, Therese never references herself as a water mage. Her own chapters do have some windy language(though a bit too subtle to really be confident about), and I guess I only ended up calling her spell tempestuous as an adjective, instead of outright stating it was a wind spell. So I guess it's natural to be confused.

However, those with the sharpest of eyes(even I did not wholly intend this until I went back to double check), would have been able to call Alric on the slip of the tongue. In Chapter 59 at the end of the page...
Quote:
The Derrish numeric system(luckily base ten, although otherwise would have been rather interesting), went ooul(0), ro(1), di(2), sha(3)...well, and then others. Interestingly enough, the majority of numbers had an associated element. I explained that there were multiple words for soul with an associated element; for example stei was the word used in what I’ve translated as aquasteel, referring to a ‘watery’ soul, comes from est(5). Rei was an airy soul...
You'll note that Rei is very explicitly stated to be an airy soul. Of course, Alric could have made a mistake here, instead of there, but now you have confirmation from the author that reiaest is the correct term for wind wizard.

As a bit of bonus information, 'est'(5), actually transforms into 'stei' when talking about soul types. Water wizards are steiaest, wind wizards are reiaest. Steiaest, reiaest. Very easy for someone to mix up.

'AdvonKoulthar' pid='817692' dateline='1478238060' Wrote: Linguistics
I/PA-(Infinitis/Planaria Alphabet)
I am not the greatest at reading the IPA(International Phonetic Alphabet), so I'll be throwing down some sounds as they come up. Not all of them are perfectly replicable by human facial structures.
oh snap, it looks like the forum doesn't recognize some of these symbols....

¬-Put your tongue close to the roof of your mouth. Make a breathy whistling sound, it can be approximated by a soft h sound with a long ee sound.
- Breath out of your nose, except try making it a long vowel sound like ee or oo. This should have followed Kugu's name, however I hadn't gotten to the point where I needed to develop my own IPA at the time. I'll refrain from changing his name to Kugu¶ for now.
ß- breath in through your nose, trying to make a short ih sound. Goblins use it, but it doesn't actually come up.

Derrish Numerics
(Prn.)-'Better' pronunciation, due to the occasional different phoneme. Haven't gotten IPA down pat yet. Generally vowels are enunciated more...harshly, I guess?
0-Ooul, nothing; Soul Conjugation, oouei
1-ro,air; Soul Conjugation, rei
2-di,earth; Soul Conjugation, eid
3-sha,darkness; Soul Conjugation, eish
4-kea,fire; Soul Conjugation, kei
5-est,water; Soul Conjugation, stei
6-kyeh,light; Soul Conjugation, keiy
7-tolef
8-viit
(Prn. fviit, rhymes with feet)
9-zaem
(Prn. tzaem, rhymes with aim?)